bee bright - Out & About on the Farm - Incredible Crops! - Justin Fletcher
- Buy New: £8.99
as of 20/9/2018 23:05 UTC details
- Sales Rank:21,803
- Format:Colour, Full length, Widescreen
- Languages:English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Running Time:120 Minutes
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.18
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 5.4 x 0.6
Availability:Usually dispatched within 1-2 business days
- WHEAT - Find out how one of the most important crops in the world is grown and harvested. This film shows the farmer preparing his field by spreading it with manure, ploughing, cultivating, and finally planting the seed. We follow the crop through the season as it grows from tiny green shoots to a beautiful golden crop that is ready to be harvested by the enormous combine harvester.
- GRASS - Not always thought of as a crop, grass is valuable for grazing animals in the summer and for making hay and silage for use during the winter. We see how farmers use an exciting range of machines to cultivate this important crop and then harvest it to make hay and silage. We also see a crop of gigantic 'Elephant Grass' being harvested to produce bio-fuel
- MUSHROOMS - Discover how this unusual crop is grown inside dark tunnels using all kinds of unusual machines to plant, pick and pack them ready for the shops.
- PEPPERS - See how peppers are grown in an enormous greenhouse which is the size of twenty football pitches! These plants are grown using no soil and we discover how their food and water is prepared and delivered through a series of pipes. We also discover why the pepper farm's other important product is electricity!
- POTATOES - The simple spud is a complicated crop to grow and we watch the farmer throughout a whole year as the field is prepared, planted and finally harvested using a selection of exciting machines.
Join Buzz and Fizz as they visit the countryside and go OUT & ABOUT to discover how our food is grown by farmers. Narrated by CBeebies superstar JUSTIN FLETCHER, this is the ultimate DVD for children with an interest in farms and farm machinery - and with 2 HOURS of live-action High Definition footage it is also fantastic value! Recommended for children aged from 3-8 years, this DVD contains five entertaining and educational films which will teach children about their food and where it comes from; how different crops are grown; the seasons; countryside wildlife and plants; different kinds of farm machinery, and how produce from farms reaches the shops. There are five full-length films to enjoy: WHEAT Discover how this important crop is grown, from muck-spreading in the winter to ploughing and planting in the spring, and finally harvesting in the summer. GRASS Essential for feeding animals in summer and winter, find out how grass is grown and made into hay and silage using lots of exciting machines. Plus see how giant elephant grass is grown and harvested for use in power stations. MUSHROOMS discover the murky world of the mushroom farm! PEPPERS Find out how peppers are grown by the tonne in enormous greenhouses - without using any soil! POTATOES Growing the simple spud is a complicated business. See the range of unusual machines and processes used by the farmer. As well as the crops there are all kinds of exciting machines including balers, mowers, foragers, muck spreaders, see drills, telehandlers, combine harvesters, and lots and lots of tractors! With a lively voiceover by Justin Fletcher, this great DVD is guaranteed to captivate both children and adults alike! Watch clips from this DVD on YouTube - just search for 'bee bright farm'
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON EU S.à.r.l. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.